Friday, December 19, 2008

8th Wonder of the Fast Food World


Google has failed me.

I cannot find any proof of this one, incredible culinary innovation that rocked my world.

read more

No joke.

One evening, my friend and I passed by a McDonalds and did a double take. "Does it say Potato Dippers!? And Tangy Tomato Sauce?" By George, it did.

Now, like 75% of the US population, I am a huge french fry fan. They're crispy, salty, and taste great with ketchup. I loved them for who they are.....but I had no idea there were bigger and better things out there.

Namely Potato Dippers.

It had never occurred to me that such a simple but incredible meal staple could be any way improved on. But McDonald's had taken it to the next level. They engineered a french fry that was perfectly ergonomically compatible with the [Tangy Tomato] sauce that it complimented so well.

Seriously, guys, this was awesome. Instead of the stick-like french fries, the potatoes were hollowed out so that they were a trough meant for dipping.

Unfortunately, the only proof I have is this one picture I took in haste before I started eating.


But imagine the cross section of the french fry is something more like:


Ingenious.

BUT the next time I went to the same McDonalds (Two weeks later. Tops.), I was told that the promotion was over. Worse, I have not been able to find any other evidence that these existed. I don't understand why something so wonderful would exist for such a short time.

The moral of the story is twofold.

Just because something has been around for a long time doesn't mean that it can't be improved upon.

And also, get it while it lasts.


Image from Trendhunter.

0 comments:

 
Template by suckmylolly.com - background image by elmer.0